Hi guys! Today my mama and I are going to show you how to make bagels from scratch! Well . . . kind of! We used Trader Joe’s plain pizza dough and like 2 other ingredients. It was super easy and fun and delicious. My mom learned this recipe from Anurag Mausa when we visited my bestie Jaya in Alameda – thanks Mausa for teaching us how to make these bagels!!!
- Trader Joe's plain pizza dough
- Trader Joe's everything seasoning
- First, put a pot of salt water on the stove to boil.
- Meanwhile, oil your hands to make it easier to work with the dough.
- Take the dough out of the packaging and knead it for a few minutes.
- Cut the dough into four even pieces.
- Roll each piece into a bagel shape (this can take some time and mine weren't perfect).
- Using a spatula, place each bagel inside the boiling water and let boil for 2 minutes. You will see the texture start to change.
- Transfer to an oiled tray and generously sprinkle everything seasoning on each bagel.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 or so minutes.
- Let cool.
- Slice and toast the bagel when you are ready to eat and generously smother with your favorite cream cheese.
First things first, use your cute little hands to knead the dough.
Next, ask your mama to cut the dough into four pieces.
Then, shape each piece of dough into a bagel.
While you’re waiting for the water to boil, steal a kiss from your mama.
Make sure to use a slotted spatula to put the bagels in the water and to take them out – the water is hot!
Sprinkle, sprinkle, sprinkle!
Stand back and admire the magic!
Blow off the steam so you can eat the bagels faster!
And finally, admire your creation with your mama!